Debbie Downers beware: The Stock Market ain’t just “Barackin'” around!
As stale and rotten as the Obama Era stock market gains were, no one can deny that people weren’t losing a lot of money…well, because no one was investing. At least, not the dabblers.
But everyone might want to start diving in now. The S&P 500 has hit an all-time high and that’s just the beginning.
Hot off the presses comes the latest Dow Stocks Data Anaylsis to prove that Trump may just be hunting bears into extinction.
“It may be high time for stock market bears to throw in the towel. All the pundits and prognosticators side-eyeing (that means, a sidelong glance or gaze, especially when expressing scorn, suspicion, disapproval, or veiled curiosity, according to Merriam-Webster) record-breaking equity indexes must be feeling awfully close to the point of capitulation, right about now.
Who can blame them, if that is the case?
U.S. equities—heck, the global stock market—have resumed an elevator ride to new heights, after mostly stalling out once the elation sparked by President Donald Trump’s election victory in November abated somewhat.”
Here is a list of some of the Trump administration breakthroughs since November 8th, and this list is the reason why the U.S. stock market is soaring and should continue to soar:
1. Dow Jones Industrial flirting with breaking 21K points
2. Steady string of closing highs for all stocks on Tuesday
3. Nasdaq on Wednesday aimed to match its longest streak of highs (7 days) since 1999
4. All major benchmarks were on pace to mark their longest streak of finishing at all-time highs (7 days) since 1992
5. Tuesday’s close of trading showed global stocks adding $3.36T in market capitalization ($2.2T of this gain is from US stocks since Nov 8th)
6. S&P Index has gone 86 trading days without a decline of at least 1%, marking the strongest streak since Nov. 24, 2006, and closing on 105-day streak set on Dec. 15, 1996.
7. US stock market valuation as a share of GDP is at its highest level since the data series began in 1989
If you’re looking for bears, you may want to move to the woods instead of looking in Manhattan on Wall Street.
However, Bulls may be a whole different animal…
And so long as Trump continues to bring in HUGE deals for the U.S. economy, the ship could be righted in a matter of months, not years. How’s that for a speedy and positive transition, Obama?
Source: Market Watch